Mahékal Beach Resort
2013 Hurricane Policy
At Mahékal Beach Resort we are aware of the risks of the Hurricane Season for our guests and has reviewed its cancellation policy to face any potential hurricane threat for 2013.
Below are the guidelines and restrictions of our policy.
This policy is valid from June 1 until November 30, 2013 and applies to officially announced hurricane threats (Class 1 to Class 5).
This policy does not apply to tropical storms.
CANCELLING THE ENTIRE STAY
• Mahékal Beach Resort will waive any cancellation and/or “no show” charges for any reservations cancelled as a result of any actual Hurricane threat. A credit voucher will be issued for the prepaid amount or a full refund will be given.
POSTPONING AN EXISTING BOOKING
• Mahékal Beach Resort will guarantee the paid room rate if guests are forced to postpone their original reservations due to a hurricane, up to 12 months from the date of cancellation (or time of reopening if the hotel suffers damages and it is closed for renovations).
• The room rate will be guaranteed for the number of original nights booked. Any additional nights will be booked at the prevailing rate.
• New reservations can be made for any time, except from December 21, 2013 until April 21, 2014 and Thanksgiving week, subject to availability. Other restrictions may apply.
• Return travel must also be booked directly with the hotel noting on the e-mail or fax “MAHÉKAL HURRICANE GUARANTEE”.
LEAVING THE HOTEL EARLIER THAN PLANNED
• Mahékal Beach Resort will charge guests only for the nights actually stayed at the hotel to those guests that either choose to leave early or are asked to leave by the hotel or the local civil protection authorities. In these cases credit vouchers will be issued for the unused nights, to be used for a future date, or a full refund will be given.
We all look forward to seeing you again or greeting you for the first of what we hope will be many reservations!