Playa del Carmen Resort Renovations
The Best Just Got Better
Located directly on the sand of Playa del Carmen’s longest stretch of beach, overlooking the turquoise Caribbean Sea, and surrounded by lush greenery and abundant tropical gardens, Hotel Las Palapas is reopening its doors to guests in late 2015, following a complete rejuvenation of the property. The resort will now officially be a part of its sister hotel, Mahekal Beach Resort, which recently completed a $10 million re-imagination.
Las Palapas’ transformation will include:
- Renovated Guestrooms: guestrooms, including Garden View, Treehouse, Poolside and Ocean Front, have been completely renovated to compliment the guestroom updates at Mahekal Beach Resort, including new grass thatched-roofs, air conditioners, window systems, completely new bathrooms, flooring, wired and wireless internet, service telephones and all new furniture, fixtures and equipment, as well as four new Ocean Front Suites.
- Lobby and Existing Restaurant: transformed into meeting space and large event space with an orientation toward Caribbean weddings.
- Spa and Fitness Center: 2,500-square-foot Spa and accompanying Fitness Center, located amid lush tropical gardens and nearby the pool.
- Restaurant and Bar: “Tulum-style” wood burning oven restaurant and bar will be added, offering ocean views.
- Pool: new large resort-sized heated swimming pool with Jacuzzis, as well as beachfront wedding and sunbathing platform.
- Landscaping and Design: all renovation and design work will complement the renovation of Mahekal Beach Resort, including bohemian gypsy style infused with colorful Mexican accents and standout designs, ranging from Missoni-esque fabrics to higher-end, modern finishes and touches of Mayan culture.