in Romantic Playa del Carmen
These basic items are included in any wedding service at Mahékal Beach Resort, however it is just a start for you to customize your most special celebration. In fact, you won't find any more comprehensive wedding planning services in Playa del Carmen.
Legal or Symbolic Ceremony
There are various ways to be married here. You can choose a legal ceremony that requires blood tests and legal paperwork to be completed within Mexico. Or, you can have a symbolic ceremony on the beach and have your legal marriage performed at home - either prior to or after your trip to Mexico.
- Option A - A legal ceremony is performed by a local municipal judge in Spanish only. Blood tests are required in Mexico and can be done in the comfort of the Hotel. Also needed are 4 witnesses with proper documentation (passport & tourist card - issued at Cancun Airport). Both the wedding couple and witnesses must be in Mexico 5 business days (Saturday, Sunday and Mexican Public holidays not included) prior to the ceremony.
- Option B - A symbolic, religious ceremony is performed by a local non-denominational clergyman in either Spanish or English. The minister will supply a marriage certificate from his church. (Catholic priests will not perform marriages outside the church).
- Option C - Your own symbolic ceremony; including Vow Renewal: The wedding couple can create their own vows to be read by any individual designated by you.
Weddings in Playa del Carmen are picture-perfect because the site is located on our beautiful white sand beach with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean as the background. A podium of native woods is surrounded by coconut and palm greenery. Seating for up to 100 people, sound system and a microphone can be provided. Indoor options are also available if you prefer or if the weather requires it.
- 1 classic bridal bouquet and 1 bridesmaid bouquet
- 1 groom´s boutonniere and 1 groomsmen boutonniere
- 1 floral centerpiece
- rose petals for the aisle and for the couple´s room
- Decorated wedding cake to serve all of your guests.
Indulgences for the Bride and Groom
- Relaxing massages for the wedding couple prior or after the big event
- Special Coco Locos for the bride and the groom
On-site Wedding Coordinator
- A professional Wedding Planner on site to ensure that you and your wedding group have an amazing experience.
The Reception & Dinner
- Cocktails are served at the Aventura pool. You can choose from a large list of live music with an additional cost to entertain your guests during the cocktail.
- Later, the festivities will move on to the main dining restaurant, La Loma. (Note: This is a semi-private function as this is the area where all guests of the resort have dinner each evening. A special seating area and décor will be provided for the wedding party.)
- The resort's nightly room rate includes breakfast and dinner. Therefore, the cost of this reception and semi-private dinner is already included in the room rate.
Additional Dining Options
Private Reception & Dinner in the Aventura Restaurant
The Aventura dining facility is available for larger groups (30 and more guests) that desire a more elaborate and private setting and additional flexibility for the evening's activities. The Aventura Restaurant and Bar area boasts a gorgeous dining room and a separate bar and dancing area. It is suitable for the ceremony, reception, dinner, and dancing. You'll have more leeway in the timing and flow of activities with this option.
(Note: Other resort guests will be allowed access through the outdoor area at all times)
When the group has confirmed pre-paid room reservations in excess of 60 room nights, the rental of the Aventura dining area is included without any charge; for the wedding night festivities only
The dinner can be in a buffet style or plated and is normally set up after the ceremony and cocktail hour. Our Dinner Menu (min. of 30 people) changes and can be modified depending on your needs and taste. There are various bar and menu options available; including cash and open bar set-ups, appetizers and specialty cocktails. Corkage fees apply for wine and champagne/sparkling wine.
The Fine Print
- Mahékal Beach Resort accommodates wedding groups throughout the year, subject to availability except during the Christmas and New Year’s Holiday periods
- Wedding activities cannot continue past 11:30 p.m. on the resort grounds
- Contact the wedding coordinator for scheduling and more information:
011-52-(984)-803-0611 ext. 112 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After confirming your date with our Wedding Coordinators, please place all reservations through resort's reservation department at