Health and Safety Practices
Our Cleanliness Commitment
Mahekal Beach Resort's unique layout of open-air pathways and lush gardens gives us the ability to re-imagine your travel experience during these changing times.
Most importantly, we have worked closely with the hospitality industry, government officials, and our Mahekal family team members to implementhealth and safety plans for our already thorough cleaning procedures so that our guests feel at ease at all times, and our resort team has a safe workplace.
We remain committed to the highest standards of cleaning and disinfecting in all rooms, restaurants, and common areas of the Mahekal Beach Resort. All employees are trained in responsible hospitality.
We offer many rooms that have private entrances, and no hallways and the majority of our rooms are either individual Casitas or two-unit Casitas, where the upstairs and downstairs guests have little interaction.
Come relax and renew with the peace of mind that you are safe with us.
At Mahekal Beach Resort, our lobby is open-air on three sides; the well-being of our guests and staff is foremost. However, equally important is ensuring that this "new experience" in travel remains true to our service style, and ultimately has authentic Mexican hospitality, which is unique and enjoyable for you and your family and travel companions.
- All guests are provided with disinfectant gel if required.
- Room keys will be sanitized after every use.
- We are committed to working with our airport transportation partner (Maritur) to ensure they also have proper disinfecting and safety measures in place.
Our Guest Rooms are mostly in individual units or two-unit buildings with upstairs units/downstairs units, with the top floor being a Palapa. We have a few multi-unit Suites (Such as La Residencia), but other than those, you would not share stairways with more than one other unit. (And we have no elevators, as our buildings are only two-story.) If you have concerns or questions about specific rooms, please contact our reservations department.
- Our signature Hammocks will be washed and disinfected before each new arrival.
- Pillows with waterproof, hypoallergenic, washable protectors to avoid contamination are being implemented; they will be cleaned and disinfected upon arrival.
- As always, all linen is washed and disinfected upon each new arrival and after every departure.
- Daily disinfection of room furniture, bathroom, door handles, light switches, and fan and air conditioning controls before every new arrival and after every departure.
Our restaurants and bars are mostly open-air; our signature restaurant, Fuego Restaurante y Cantina opens to both the sand and ocean breezes on one side and Fuego pool on the other, with the entrance being off one of our garden pathways. Likewise, Itzi Pool Bar and Agave Bar are completely open on all sides. Both Cocina and Las Olas Restaurants are open air on three sides.
While Mahekal is vastly unique, in that our public spaces, for the most part, are open-air. Plus, we have no hallways, just wide open grass areas, and pathways to walk between our mostly single-story or two-story buildings, we are doing the following regarding our beach, pools, and gardens.
- Lounge chairs and day beds will be disinfected daily.
We are committed to your safety as you relax with Mayan-inspired treatments in Revive Spa. We have implemented the following procedures.
- Appropriate cleaning and disinfection techniques will be implemented for each service including the service equipment and tools.
- All the spa areas are disinfected after each use.
- As always, sheets and towels must be changed after each service and replaced with freshly disinfected linens and terry.
- All amenities provided to guests will be disinfected and only used once.
- All guests are provided with disinfectant gel.
Rest assured, our ceremony (Outdoor venues such as Sandbox at Fuego, the Palms Garden, and the Ceremony Garden) and reception facilities (Sandbox at Fuego, Palms Garden, Spa Garden, and Restaurant and Celebre are either completely outdoors, or open-air facilities that easily allow for Social Distancing.
Please contact our Weddings Department for questions and to confirm your Destination Wedding.
We know you are ready to reconnect with the world and we want to help you decide to travel with the utmost confidence. Life happens, and things change. Plan your family travel or weekend getaway at Mahekal Beach Resort and don't worry if you need to make changesl, we're flexible on our deposit, cancellation, and date change policies. For booking information, email us at Reservations